The Board of Directors of Western Maine Community Action guides the agency in its mission by providing a framework for program and fiscal integrity, responsibility and accountability.
- Board members stay knowledgeable of agency programs and are effective advocates for them.
- Board members use best practices to educate and inform the community about agency services and accomplishments while working to ensure that local, state and federal legislation supports WMCA’s mission to end poverty.
- The board functions as a cohesive, collaborative and inclusive team where opinions, information and feedback from members, staff and the public are sought and respected.
To that end, WMCA Board meetings support this vision by providing a setting for:
- Regular review and assessment of agency programs
- Assurance of fiscal responsibility
- Training and education of board members
- Discussion of and planning for emerging issues
- Open consideration of political advocacy opportunities
- Anticipation of the needs of low-income people
- Presentation of challenges facing WMCA
- Communication between board and staff
- Development of strategies to promote and support agency programs and services
- Measuring outcomes
Our Board of Directors
- Norman Croteau -President
- R. Wayne Werts- Vice President
- Wayne Messer -Treasurer
- Randy Berry
- Steve Brown
- Clyde Barker
- Paul Gilbert
- David Dolloff
- Jane Mickeriz
- Rachel Marble
- Kaylyn Walker
- Ellen Grunblatt
- Celeste Branham
- Jared Golden
- Amy DaCosta