Assistance with CMP Bill Payments
Low Income Assistance Program (LIAP), also known as Electric Lifeline Program (ELP), provides a credit on Central Maine Power accounts for income eligible households. Households eligible for Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) become eligible for LIAP (ELP).
- Eligibility is based on household income and household electric usage.
- Households living in subsidized housing units ARE NOT eligible.
- Applications are taken in conjunction with the LIHEAP application.
CMP New Power Line Program
WMCA’s CMP Line Extension programs helps those who have recently built a new home or purchased a manufactured home with the cost of installation of poles and wires to connect with Central Maine Power Company distribution line. The Central Maine Power Assistance Credit Program can reduce CMP pole and wire installation charges by up to $2,800.
- Total household income must be less than 115% of HUD’s area median income based on family size.
- The cost of your home (including land improvements) can not exceed the Maine State Housing Authority’s First Time Homebuyer program, even though this does not have to be your first home.
- You cannot have received CMP’s Assistance Credit in the past 3 years.
- This must be your primary residence.
For more information on WMCA’s CMP Electric Bill Assistance Program please call 1-800-645-9636 or 207-645-3764.