Maine Health Insurance Marketplace Assistance Fact Sheet
The Health Insurance Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. Through the Marketplace, you can access quality health plans, make apples-to-apples comparisons between different options, and access new tax credits that could lower your monthly premiums right away. You can sign up for coverage through the Marketplace starting October 1st, 2013 and coverage will begin as early as January 1st, 2014.
What should I know about Navigators in Maine?
• Navigators in Maine will be available through local Community Action Agencies.
• Navigators can provide you with in-person assistance to help you apply for and enroll in coverage through the Marketplace.
• Navigators will provide fair and unbiased advice. They are not affiliated with any insurance company and will never try to steer you toward a specific option.
• Navigators can help you access programs that could lower your monthly health premiums and your out-of-pocket costs.
• Navigators can help you understand the difference between the coverage options available to you.
• Navigators will protect your private information and never share it with anybody.
• The service provided by Navigators is free.
• Navigators across the state will be available to schedule appointments starting on October 1st, 2013.
There are several ways to get coverage through the Marketplace in Maine:
• Apply online at HealthCare.gov
• Apply by phone at 1-800-318-2596
• Submit a paper application through the mail
• Apply in-person with the help of a Navigator or other certified assister
To find a Navigator or other certified assister in your area, visit:
The project described was supported by Funding Opportunity Number CA-NAV-13-001 from the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The contents provided are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the office views of HHS or any of its agencies.