Life Changing Event? Life Changing Move? Having a Baby?
You may be able to sign up for an affordable health plan right now!! Click here to see if you qualify!!
Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage that is affordable and meets your needs. Western Maine Community Action can help! The Marketplace can help you access quality health plans, make apples-to-apples comparisons between different options, and access new tax credits that could lower your monthly premiums right away.
What should I know about Navigators in Maine?
- Navigators in Maine will be available through local Community Action Agencies.
- Navigators can provide you with in-person assistance to help you apply for and enroll in coverage through the Marketplace.
- Navigators will provide fair and unbiased advice.
- Navigators can help you access programs that could lower your monthly health premiums and your out-of-pocket costs.
- Navigators can help you understand the difference between the coverage options available to you.
- Navigators will protect your private information and never share it with anybody.
- The service provided by Navigators is free.
- Navigators across the state are now available for appointments!
There are several ways to get coverage through the Marketplace in Maine:
- Apply online at HealthCare.gov
- Apply by phone at 1-800-318-2596
- Submit a paper application through the mail
- Apply in-person with the help of a Navigator or other certified assister
This project is supported by Funding Opportunity Number CA-NAV-15-001 from the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The contents provided are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the office views of HHS or any of its agencies.